Saturday 4 June 2011

RPGMaker Trans v1.91

Huzzah! A new version, though this is strictly a bugfix version.

Bugs quashed:
  1. Added an undocumented event code that some games use: Thanks to a bug report, I now know that at least one game uses an undocumented event code, E71A. I have no idea what it does, but it's existence was causing the script parser to trip up and die. In any case it's been added to my list of event codes, and the game in question now dumps an extra megabyte of text (or there abouts).
  2. Converting RPGMaker Trans format 1.0 to 2.0 should now work properly: Specifically, the LMU files will not import correctly. I don't think anyone actually had a problem with this...
  3. Don't dump null strings: Strings which are just a null character are now no longer dumped.
Anyways, have fun with it people.

8 comments:

  1. The progam not detect subfolders with xp/vx games. With 2k/3 games it works fine.

    Which files this program seeking and can't find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At present, RPGMaker Trans does NOT work on XP/VX games. That's a feature on my todo list.

    Interestingly, RPGMaker Trans also does not support 2003 games either - at least not officially. Whilst I know the formats are quite similar, I'd be somewhat surprised if it actually did work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry for misinformation. String extraction from 2003 works, but not patching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um. I don't know if this is the right place to mention this, but when I ran it on RyonaRPG, it went through the patching process in the window and created a new directory for the translated game - But when I get into the game, it's still in Japanese. I've fished around for information on the problem, and I can't figure out how to get it to work right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it can't find the patch. Ensure that the patch file is in the right position and try again.

    If that fails, v1.95 is just around the corner and is a) easier to use and b) allows selection of a patch. This should fix your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i tried useing the version currently linked at the top of this blog but when i try to run rpgmaker_trans_v1.91.exe i get a error message saying "this application failed to start because this application is configured incorrectly" any idea where i went wrong?
    p.s all my regional & language settings have been changed to japanese and i have renamed the folders as instructed in the read me

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a MS VC++ runtime error. Weird though, as I thought it's been preinstalled since god knows how long ago. Maybe older versions of XP don't have it installed?

    Anyway, go grab the file from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=29, install it and hopefully it should work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi thanks it worked like a treat, i just reinstalled windows xp on the machine and havent got round to updating it yet, ps sorry for the wierd user name, im using my aim profile but it shows up as that long code instead

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.