Thursday 8 May 2014

RPGMaker Trans v2.05 Released

A minor release. Changes:
  • Fixed a crash with opening a zip file where the patch was not included in a subdirectory
  • Crash reporter now has a button which copies the traceback to clipboard and opens up the bug reports page
Why the slow progress? Well, I've actually been looking around at RPGMaker Trans usage, and every time I see people redistributing prepatched stuff, sometimes in direct contravention of the original authors wishes, I lose motivation for this project. I'm aware that in making a tool such as this I can't really stop it from happening, but it's still frustrating.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Once again, thank you so much for your work.
    I've got a question, why do you always less than 1 symbol?
    Example:
    # ADVICE: 49 char limit (35 if face) (documentation 2k 50 and 36)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have RPGMaker 2k, so I don't have that documentation. I worked out my lengths by putting strings into RPGMaker 2k and seeing what stayed inside the box. If I remember right, 50/36 will fit onto the screen, but not in the box.

      On the other hand, I may just have miscounted.

      Delete
    2. Ah, yes. I definitely remember now. The precise reason is that while 50/36 characters will fit in the window, RPGMaker2k starts lines with a 1 character indent. Hence I believe that there should be a 1 character border, which is why I recommend 49/35.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.