Thursday 30 January 2014

Delays and plans

Right, so first off is an apology to anyone having issues with RPGMaker Trans. The delay in getting a "fully functional" version out has been caused by my laptop breaking in early January, and the ensuing problems with getting a replacement. Then when I did get said replacement, there was a slight issue with the replacement only having access to Linux, which isn't a whole lot of use when debugging a Windows only problem. That said, all of this has been sorted now.

As to when a new version will be out which fixes these problems: I'm aiming for this weekend. Then onto more interesting things, like VX support.

6 comments:

  1. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded the file from "RPGMaker Trans Latest Version" link just yesterday and running it just gives me a "An update is available." I've tried deleting the config.ini file countless times and retrying. Is there anything else I can try deleting to get around this? The compressed file says it's v 1.99.7 while the application says it's v1.99. The config.ini file says "nextVerAvailable=1.98" Any ideas about what I can try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay; this can be fixed by downloading the new version (it also would have been fixed by using 2.0 RC2...)

      Delete
  2. I keep trying to translate the game using v2 but everytime it says this Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\z6\rpgmakertransv2\errorhook.py", line 24, in wrap
    File "C:\z6\rpgmakertransv2\filecopier2.py", line 65, in changeDir
    UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0x90 in position 163: ordinal not in range(128)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the errors which should be fixed in 2.0 final. Sorry for the delay in responding.

      Delete
  3. what do i do since my patched rpg2k game is still in japanese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, try the new version. If not, I'd appreciate if you could tell me what game it is, and what patch you are using, and I'll look into it. Apologies for the delay in responding.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.